What to check
Check for molds and fungus before making a purchase decision. (Photo Credits)
Carefully inspecting a home one is about to buy is a move every buyer should undertake. Molds for instance can be a potential deal breaker when buying older homes simply because it will warrant professional restoration services for it not to affect occupants as well as the structure of the home.
This is the reason why there are tips and warnings out there about inspections that should be conducted prior to making the decision to purchase. How to deal with flooding
Apartment Therapy says weird odors may be one indicator of a mold problem in an older home. “The thing about weird smells is that they have a source, and the source can cost you major dinero to fix. In older homes, it’s tempting to chalk up any mustiness to that “old house smell.” Real estate agents may even refer to it that way, or try to camouflage the odors with candles or air fresheners. It’s always good to bring up any funky smells when you’re touring a potential home, though, because such smells can be indicators of big problems like water damage, mildew, mold, and even infestations of pests like rats or cockroaches.”
Read the whole post here.
Raywhite.com also has the same warning for potential home buyers. Floods
“Take a close look at the exterior and interior walls, as well as floorboards, skirting boards and the roof. Look out for signs of mould or damp, and check for sagging or cracking that could be a result of structural problems.”
Check out the rest of the post here.
You may also want to read:
- MF Contractors
- Immediately Restore Your Property
- MF’s Water Repair and Restoration San Diego County
- Learn about how water damage gets classified
- MoldFixer Temecula Water Damage Repair Service
If all else fails and a person accidentally bought a house infested with molds, he or she can always commission a professional mold restoration specialist. It will also not hurt to check out natural ways to get rid of mold – of course on top of expert professional service. The Daily Health Post has some tips.
“A simple and inexpensive solution to your mold problem is using 3% hydrogen peroxide. Mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and vinegar. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and use over the affected area. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Then scrub and wipe using a clean cloth.”
Check out the whole article from daily health post here.
A professional mold inspection is definitely one of the best things to undertake before buying an older home.